How to add name servers via WHM
Here are the detailed steps for you for adding the name servers using the WHM.
1. Login to WHM using “https://hostname/whm” or https://ip_of_the_server:2087
2. Once you will logged in search for the option DNS Functions >> Edit DNS Zone.
3. Select the domain name you want to use, and then click Edit.
4. For the two rows with the menu displaying NS, edit the right-most columns to ns1.your domain name. And ns2.your domain name. respectively.
Please note, you have to enter a “.” after your name server for working of the DNS properly.
5. Add first line in the section ‘Add New Entries Below this Line’ –
First field: Type ns1
Second field: Type 14400
Third field: Select A
Fourth field: Enter your server’s IP address (that is IP address associated with the name server ns1.)
Similarly, add the record for ns2 entry