Selling consulting services is a fantastic way to make a significant amount of money in a short period of time, especially if you have a skill that is in great demand. Companies, particularly startups, commonly engage talented individuals on a contract basis in order to assist inform on the most effective business practices, how to use certain software programs and the best ways to rapidly expand a firm. This is done in order to help inform on how to use specific software programs. These individuals are commonly referred to as “contractors.” Creating a website is the first step you need to take in order to get your new consulting firm off the ground and running. Running your own business is an excellent way to make a livelihood on its own. This guide will cover everything you need to know about using WordPress to create a website for your consulting business and will walk you through the process step-by-step.
Why Do Consultants Need a Website in WordPress?
It is necessary to discuss the reasons why consultants require a website in the first place prior to delving too deeply into the specifics of WordPress. Even though many consultants get their clients through referrals and word of mouth, having a website can help you in the following ways:
- Establish credibility: Prospective customers can use a website as a point of reference while making purchasing decisions. Customers have the ability to read about you, check your references, learn about your previous results, and more by clicking through your website.
- Attract new clients: If a client doesn’t have a referral for a consultant in your field, the very first place they look while doing research is going to be Google (or Bing!). If they still use outdated methods). You will be missing out on significant opportunities to acquire new customers if you do not have a website presence.
- Gather Google reviews. Did you know that more than ninety percent of consumers check reviews prior to making a purchase decision? When your website is indexed by Google, satisfied customers who have used your consulting services may choose to post a review on the search engine’s website, encouraging other potential customers to do the same. When you are getting your new company off the ground, these are some of the reasons why you should put creating a website at the top of your “to-do” list. Now that we’ve established what WordPress is let’s talk about why it’s a good choice for websites that are associated with consultants.
What is WordPress (and why should consultants build on WordPress)?
You have access to a variety of website builders and content management systems; however, not all of them offer the same level of capability or are as user-friendly for beginners. WordPress is the most widely used content management system (CMS) on the internet today, making it the undisputed king of CMS. There are more than 64 million websites powered by WordPress as of right now, and there’s a good reason for it. WordPress is a dynamic, open-source platform that is constantly being improved and is constantly developing for the better.
To put it another way, the original source code is freely accessible to everyone, which means that anyone who can code has the ability to tweak the code and produce superior plugins and themes. As a result of WordPress’s open-source nature and immense popularity, there are a number of tools available that even those who are not trained in web design may use to construct a stunning website with just a few clicks of the mouse. Let’s take a more in-depth look at some of the other reasons why WordPress is the greatest option for folks who want to rapidly build up a website that looks beautiful.
Website in WordPress Is Easy To Use:
As was just indicated, there are over 64 million websites that are powered by WordPress. Because of its reliability and user-friendliness, WordPress powers a vast majority of the websites on the internet today. WordPress makes it possible to develop a website even if you’ve never done so before, and the site you produce will be of the highest quality. You won’t have any trouble navigating the dashboard, and it won’t be difficult for you to install a theme or activate plugins that will make your site function the way you want it to perform. Getting started with WordPress is as simple as purchasing a hosting plan from Webhostingworld. This is all that is required. After that, you’ll need to click the button labeled “Install Website in WordPress with one click.” After installing the Website in WordPress on your server, you will have two choices available to you regarding the construction of your website.
To get started, all you need to do is go through the WordPress Site Builder instructions step by step. The WordPress Site Builder will guide you step-by-step through the process of creating your home page, adding a contact page, constructing an about page, adding content, personalizing the appearance of the site, and publishing your website. If you want more freedom with WordPress and have a little bit more expertise, you may opt out of using the WordPress Site Builder, choose a theme, create new pages, add your menus, and design the website of your dreams. If you want more flexibility with WordPress and have a little bit more experience, click here.
In Order To Utilize WordPress, You Don’t Need To Have Any Design Expertise:
Because you are a consultant and not a designer, the primary concern you may have when constructing your website is ensuring that it does not appear to have been created by an inexperienced person. It is a reasonable worry, but I have some reassuring information for you. WordPress is pre-packaged with a plethora of free themes that can be customized and installed for use on consultancy websites. You simply need to browse through the available themes until you find one that appeals to you, then activate it and add your own content to it. Here are some brief guidelines that will walk you through the process of selecting a free theme to use on WordPress.
How To Activate a WordPress Theme For Your Consulting Website:
- Open up your dashboard in WordPress and log in.
- Navigate to the “Appearance” section of the menu on the left.
- Move the cursor so that it is over “Appearance.” You will notice a list of alternatives appear in a drop-down menu. To access the themes, click on “Themes.”
- When you log in to your WordPress account, you will be taken to the “Themes” page. You will find that a few themes have already been pre-installed. Wonderful news if you identify with any of these topics! Put it into operation, and begin going. If this is the case, you have the option of looking for a different theme by pressing the “Add New Theme” button.
- When you’ve decided on a theme, move your cursor over the corresponding theme box until you see the word “Activate.” Then click on that word to apply the theme.
- Select “Activate” from the menu.
Now that the new theme you installed has been active, you may begin tweaking it as you see fit. If you are having trouble locating a high-quality design for your consultation website, you should have a look at the available WordPress themes.
WordPress Functions With The Help Of Pre-coded Plugins:
Do you remember how WordPress is a platform that is open-source? This indicates that other people can write tools for WordPress, which are referred to as plugins, and add functionality to WordPress. You can search for a plugin on the internet and then install that plugin, which already has the code written for it, to your website rather than having to write the code yourself to make your website do something. Let’s imagine, for instance, that you want to do a lot of blogging on your website and that you want to make it feasible for other people to share your writings throughout the internet. What would you do? It is not necessary for you to go into the code of your website in order to provide instructions for social sharing. Find a social sharing plugin, download it, make sure it’s activated, and enter your social handles into it. That’s all there is to it. The code necessary to finish the job is contained within the plugin. You will notice social sharing buttons on your blogging page once you have enabled your plugin and filled out the information for the various social media platforms.
This article will walk you through installing a WordPress plugin on your consulting website.
How to Add a Plugin To WordPress:
- Open up a new window and log in to your WordPress account.
- Direct your focus to the menu that is located on the left-hand side of the dashboard.
- Find “Plugins.”
- Position your mouse pointer over the word “Plugins.” The last step is to select “Add New.”
- You can search for a plugin that is relevant to your needs by entering a phrase into the search field or using the menu to navigate through popular plugins.
- After you have located the plugin that you wish to utilize, select the “Install Plugin” option.
- Pressing the “Activate” button will turn on the plugin.
- To personalize your plugin, make sure to follow the instructions.
There is a huge variety of each type of plugin that can be used. It is a good idea to first think about what you want your website to be able to perform and then do some research to find out what kinds of plugins are available. Before you install a plugin, you should make sure that it has received a lot of positive feedback and that it is frequently updated. Check out some of the most useful plugins for freelancers if you’re looking for a place to begin.
Create a website for your consulting practice with Webhostingworld right now. Making oneself discoverable to clients who have a requirement for one’s services is essential to the success of a consulting business. How do you go about doing that? You got that right! With the assistance of Webhosting World’s superior hosting, you create a WordPress website that is just stunning. Take a look at the website hosting plans that are currently available from Webhostingworld today. Get in touch with us right away if you require assistance in choosing a strategy that is suitable for you.