Are you interested in getting into the reseller hosting business? You may not have known it, but starting your own web hosting business isn’t quite as difficult as you would think it is.
With a reseller hosting plan, you can avoid the costs and hassles of setting up and maintaining your server infrastructure, recruiting a great and costly technical staff and providing round-the-clock assistance to your ever-growing client base.
A client recently submitted a support request with the following question:
“If I have numerous domains, do I need to purchase a different web hosting plan for each domain?”
Without a doubt, the answer is no. Considering that many of our clients have several domain names, our packages are designed with this in mind. For those of you with many websites, our shared hosting plans include the ability to add extra ‘add-on’ domains.
Although this is convenient, it may be unsafe since you only have one login, which means that if someone obtains access to your cPanel account, they will have authority over all of the domains you have registered on that account. You may also discover that your public HTML directory becomes convoluted and confusing, in which case we advocate utilizing Reseller/VPS accounts.
Whenever you sign up for a Reseller account, you’ll be provided with a primary administrator (root) user account, which you can use to enter into Webhost Manager and create as many end-user cPanel accounts as you like for your customers (limited to 50 with Reseller Light). However, although ordinary Shared hosting allows you to add other domains, they are all managed via a single login, limiting your freedom.
You can completely depend on your service provider to take care of these responsibilities and more. Learn what reseller hosting is, who it’s for, and how to get the most out of it by continuing to read this article.
Let’s first start with a brief description of reseller hosting-
Reseller hosting allows you to purchase hosting resources in bulk and resell them to your customers. With a per-package or per-site approach, you can easily establish limits on storage space, bandwidth, email consumption, and other key features.
These are some of the features of reseller hosting-
- Uptime: If you don’t want your visitors to be kept waiting, always go with a firm with more than 99 percent uptime.
- Data security: The most critical feature of every website, you do not want your data to be hacked.
- Customer support: While most web hosting companies provide customer support, searching for firms that offer 24×7 helps ensure that all of your difficulties are resolved as quickly as possible.
- Reviews: Always look at what their customers say about their service.
- Bandwidth: If you anticipate a significant traffic volume, seek a high bandwidth plan.
How to start a reseller hosting business-
Although we’ll do most of the work on your customers’ websites, you still need to do a lot of research on your own. When you do research, you’ll be able to figure out how to set fair-yet-profitable margins that consider both your fixed and variable costs outside of the reseller plan itself. You’ll also be able to set up some support system so you can offer your clients direct, first-hand service when it’s possible.
The next is creating cPanel accounts-
Creating different cPanel accounts for each domain is advised because-
Security: Each website has a unique login, and even if one of your cPanel accounts is hacked, the rest of your accounts will remain safe and secure (as long as your root account is still secure).
Organization: Because each account has its root directory, files are better organized, and you will find it simpler and faster to go through them.
Manageability: Rather than having to log into a plethora of different cPanel accounts whenever you want to make changes to the content of a particular website, you can instead view a list of all of your cPanel accounts within the WHM root account and click on the cPanel logo next to each to be automatically logged-into that account.
It is possible to transfer ownership of a website without transferring multiple files. Instead, you can change the username and password and control that cPanel account to the person who has purchased the website from you.
For your help, Let’s differentiate between two web servers–
You may be well versed in what affiliate programs are. If not, this is what it briefly means-
An affiliate is a business or an individual who promotes a product or service to potential customers in exchange for a commission on the sale when such occurs.
Seems quite similar to reseller hosting, right?
Let’s see what the difference between reseller hosting and affiliate is-
- A reseller is a company or individual who purchases products or services to resell them to potential customers rather than consuming or using them themselves.
- A product or service affiliate is a company or individual who promotes a product to potential customers in exchange for a commission on any sales resulting from the promotion.
- A reseller registers for a VPN reseller account and then offers VPN services to customers. The reseller is responsible for providing first-line support to their customers, with backup provided by VPN resellers support when necessary.
- Your clients are referred to another company, where they open their accounts using the affiliate’s code or link to inform the company that you referred them. Because the customer is not your customer and you are not the one who completes the transaction, you cannot determine your markup for profit. Customers do not have any interaction with your company.
- If you own a technology firm, a hosting provider, or are an entrepreneur, a Reseller program is the best option for you to consider. By providing VPN services to your consumers, you will be able to broaden the variety of services you may provide them.
- If you are a blogger or the proprietor of a news website devoted to your sector, an Affiliate program will be quite advantageous to you.
While selecting the right option for yourself, it is always important that you thoroughly research all the alternatives. If you are still confused, you may think of our Reseller plans as a kind of bridge between shared hosting and virtual private server (VPS) hosting. The capacity has been raised, and you have the added advantage of creating cPanel accounts, but you do not have to deal with the maintenance and security responsibilities that come with it.
If you’re interested in learning more about our Reseller programs, you can find additional information by clicking here.