WordPress is home to hundreds of millions of bloggers; the notion that it would not be a significant target for hackers is naive. Unfortunately, WordPress is continually targeted by low-profile and high-profile security pen-testers who may desire to abuse the platform for personal gain or an official reward, though the latter is unusual. Security may be seen in various ways, but the one you will often encounter while working with WordPress is known as web security. Web security has the potential to put your whole web file system in danger due to vulnerabilities that have not been adequately recognized and avoided.
On the other hand, preventing assaults from previously discovered weaknesses is almost tricky, which is why we must go elsewhere. Using professional security plugins provides some of the most significant security protection for WordPress. A security plugin may assist in preventing unauthorized access and tracking dangerous occurrences; it can even entirely limit access to your sensitive portions of your website, and you can be the only one in charge of re-enabling them. Let’s look at the top WordPress security plugins available on the market.
1. Sucuri Security
So that all WordPress writers may rest easy, Sucuri Security has been updated to match the most recent improvements in online security. Your logs will be monitored by the Sucuri plugin, which has a powerful malware scanner that will eliminate any malicious code regularly. It will also include many other safety features to ensure that hackers will have difficulty breaking into your site.
- If your WordPress site is infected with malware, they’ll take care of it for free.
- In the WordPress dashboard, it’s simple to set up.
- The use of a firewall protects your WordPress site against brute force and other harmful assaults.
- Allows you to do a malware scan (and, of course, malware removal)
- Ensuring a high level of security
- This software tracks file modifications, last logins, and unsuccessful login attempts.
- In some instances, sophisticated DDoS protection might be included in some plans.
- Reduce server strain and enhance site performance by preventing fraudulent traffic
- Uses CDN servers to provide static material
- XSS, SQL Injections, and other known threats are all contained on your WordPress website with this plugin.
Sucuri is available as a free download, and the Pro version costs $299 per year.
Wordfence is a security plugin for WordPress that has many great features to keep your site safe from bad things. You don’t have to spend a penny to use the basic version.
- You may use the free basic version on as many websites as you like.
- Real-time monitoring of site traffic and hacking attempts, including the origin, IP address, time of day, and amount of time spent on the site.
- Tracks and warns you if your password has been compromised so that you may promptly generate a new password.
- Protects against brute force attacks by restricting the number of login attempts that fail.
- Has customized email notifications
- All sites may be monitored from a single dashboard with the Pro edition.
Wordfence is available as both a free and a premium plugin. The premium version starts at $99 per year.
3. BulletProof Security
This WordPress security plugin doesn’t seem very attractive, but it provides some basic security features for free, so it’s worth including on the list.
The following features are included:
- A setup wizard that is somewhat simple to use
- Malware detection and firewalls are two of the essential features.
- Backups of databases
- Login protection is provided.
- When a user is locked out due to many unsuccessful login attempts, an email message with security logs is sent to the user.
- Logging out of inactive sessions
BulletProof Security is free.
4. All in one WP security and firewall
The All In One WP Security & Firewall plugin makes it simple (and free) to implement best practices for security on your small business website built on the WordPress platform. However, the application is relatively simple, and it is not as user-friendly as some of the more well-known options.
The following features are included:
- Scanning for harmful patterns
- IP filtering is used to prevent particular persons and geographical regions from connecting.
- After several unsuccessful login attempts, users are locked out of their accounts.
- View a list of locked-out people and unlock specific persons with a few simple clicks.
- A password strength tool that allows you to create passwords suited for the situation.
- Monitoring of the user’s account
- A firewall that operates at the website level (but does lack a DNS-level firewall)
- Allows you to ban IP addresses that seem suspicious manually.
Using All in One WP Security & Firewall is completely free of charge.
5. Google authenticator
When it comes to keeping your website safe, using two-factor authentication for further protection is an excellent idea. Google Authenticator enables you to do this. And it’s on our list since it’s not included in most security plugins.
- It provides an additional layer of protection for your login.
- It has a straightforward UI and is reasonably simple to use.
- Choose the kind of two-factor authentication you wish to use from a list of options.
- It has shortcodes, which allow you to utilize it on custom login pages on your website.
Which WordPress security plugin should you use if you’re seeking the best of the best?
Sucuri Security is undoubtedly the most incredible security solution on the market today. In contrast to only a few features, it includes everything you’ll need to keep your website safe.
Scanners for websites, DNS-level firewalls (not only for websites), and a cloud-based server and CDN network are all part of this.
We strongly advise you to get started with Sucuri as soon as possible if you haven’t already. In the case of a breach, the Premium version isn’t free, but it will save you a lot of money and hassles (Not to mention peace of mind)!!